Purpose of the University of Scouting - The "University of Scouting" is a supplemental training opportunity for all adult Scout leaders. It is the only time during the year where you can find, all in one place, the widest variety of training opportunities in all program areas (Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venturing, Sea Scouting, and general studies). Whether you are new to the program or a veteran of many years, the University provides interesting courses in Cubbing, Scouting, Adventure and leadership training for Venturing, Varsity, and Sea Scouting.
Who should attend? University of Scouting is designed for all adult leaders in the Boy Scouts of America regardless of function or program area. Learn from these sessions and add quality to your program! Discover the opportunities available for meetings and outings. Learn about district and council activities to support your program. Learn more about Scouting's origins and the legacy of learning. All these opportunities are available at the University for learning how to better serve our young people! The University of Scouting is designed for YOU!
Join us on January 28th 2017 at UT Tyler
Prior to signing up, check out the Course Schedule below for a complete list of classes offered. You will see not only the time of the class, but also who the instructor will be.
UOS will be using our new online registration system which allows online payment using the link above. When you register in the new system, you will need to create an account that will stay with you for all your online events. Once in the system, select the UoS 2016 event. After adding basic registration details, you will be allowed to schedule classes. Your registration won't be complete until payment is made via a credit card or direct bank draft.
University of Scouting at UT Tyler on 1/28/2017 (UoS) registration in Campmaster (https://etex.camp-master.com/default.aspx)
Once you create your registration and its added to the shopping cart, this is when you will be able to select specific courses. If you don't complete the Shopping Cart Check Out, the details will time out and be moved from your cart and have to start over.
1. Enter Registration process
2. Complete participant information and ensure all required fields are filled in. A “Highlight Missing Info” feature is found in the top right corner if you are stuck.
3. Add reservation to shopping cart
4. Select additional Courses and review your current Schedule. You will need to either select all course areas (may be slow) or filter in on the specific areas (UOS Boy Scouts, UOS Cub Scouts, UOS General Studies, UOS Venturing and Youth)
5. Go into your shopping cart and complete the Shopping Cart Check Out.
6. You will be able to add courses after your reservation has been completed and confirmed.