Planning for the National Jamboree is in full swing and almost complete. The 2017 National Scout Jamboree, a celebration of Scouting is held every four years for Scouts, Venturers, volunteers, and staff from across the nation. The Council Contingent is scheduled to leave on Friday July 14, 2017 and travel via air to the east coast. While on their way to the Jamboree, the two Troops and Crew will tour New York City and take a train down to our Nation’s Capital in Washington DC before heading to the Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve in West Virginia on July 19. Attendees will have the opportunities to visit Empire State Building / 30 Rock, Central Park. Time Square, Ellis Island, 9/11 Memorial, US Capital/Archives, National Archives, Smithsonian, Tour the DC Monuments, and National Museums of American Indian- American History – Natural History.
JAMBO as many call it, is scheduled from July 19-27. The 2017 theme, “Live Scouting’s Adventure,” speaks both to Scouting’s century-old tradition of creating adventures that develop young people into the leaders of tomorrow and to the developing adventures of the next century of Scouting. The “Live Scouting’s Adventure” theme and logo symbolize the adventurous spirit and exciting high-adventure and outdoor opportunities available to youth and adult members in the Scouting program.
Upon closure of the Jamboree, our units will travel back to Washington DC on July 28 and head back to the Great State of Texas on July 29 arriving back in Tyler later in the day.
2017 Contingent Leadership is:
A handful of things to be sure of:
1. The My.Scouting account needs to be in the name of the person attending the Jamboree, not the parent/guardian that is completing the application for a youth participant.
2. The My.Scouting account you use should also be linked to your current BSA membership number.
3. The membership number that you linked to your Jamboree application will be linked to the entire process, including your BSA Health & Medical Record.
4. All applicants must have a current, non-expired, BSA membership.
5. Use Chrome, Firefox or IE 10 or above to access the Jamboree application. Other browsers may not be compatible with this system.
To save your spot, register today for this once in a life time event, go to this site: 2017 Jamboree Registration